What Is It Like To Take Fred Lam’s Zero Up™ Course? By Paul M.
Check out this story from a real student, Paul M., taking the course. Then, when you’re ready to start creating your own eCommerce business with Fred as your coach, sign up here!
I just completed Module 1 of the ZeroUp e-commerce class and I already feel confident that it will teach me the things I need to build and grow my own eCommerce business.
The class is taught by a very passionate — and obviously very successful — entrepreneur named Fred Lam. He’s surprisingly interesting to listen to and really easy to follow. He really takes it step by step, and it’s obvious he knows what he’s talking about having done this process himself many times.
What I’ve Learned So Far
There are two topics I’ve covered so far that have changed the way I think about building a business – your niche, and your store.
One thing I really took out of the first module is how important it is to focus on both your niche (the thing you are going to sell) and the structure of your business. I learned:
- If you don’t have a good niche and structure, your entire business will struggle. I would have made the mistakes he pointed out, so it’s a good thing I’m doing this course!
- Establishing your niche and your store takes a bit of time and a lot of thought. It doesn’t just happen overnight, but it is possible to get up and running within a matter of days.
- Your niche should be something you’re passionate about. That way, working with it won’t seem like … work. And we’re all passionate about something, so it was just a matter of me sitting down and giving it some thought to come up with the right niche. My big takeaway here was that excitement is contagious, so if you’re excited about your product, you’ll get people excited about buying it!
- You should also be an expert in your nice, or at least be willing to become one.
With all this in mind, you’ll have a good business idea that has a lot of potential instead of creating something that you’ll just spin your wheels with and get nowhere, which is exactly what this system is designed to do.
Another thing that stuck out to me was how easy it is to set up and get your eCommerce store launched. In this module, Fred shows how to:
- Buy a domain
- Brand your store (the right way instead of the way most eCommerce stores do it)
- Setup your Shopify account
- Setup payment/shipping
- Complete the final steps of making your store great before you bring it live (which like I said takes only a matter of days to get up and running)
Fred Has Actually Inspired Me To Take Action And Build My Future
I have to say, Fred does a great job of going into the dirty details on how to get everything set up and running — even for people with no business knowledge. He claims that he truly gives people the tools they need to follow their passion and make their idea a reality, and after going through this module, I say he totally does.
I also like how he gives people different suggestions depending on where they are with their business. For example, one of the things he talks about is getting a logo for your business. He gives you a couple of different websites you could use depending on your budget (time and money) with logo prices that range from $5–$300. He provides resources like this for every step he teaches so that it’s basically done for me.
I think the biggest thing to take away from the module is that literally anyone who has a computer and a business idea they are passionate about can do this. The course is very step-by-step and Fred explains everything in a way that’s really easy to understand.
For someone like me who has a business background, the first module seemed like a review at first, but as you progress you will see that this module is just the foundation and he keeps building on it. And anyway, who doesn’t need a review of the basics once in a while?
Overall, I think I’m going to get a lot out of this course and can’t wait to go through more modules!
Are you ready to take the next step and start your own eCommerce business with Fred’s help? Click here to get started now!